1. What do I do with my certificate of completion for my violation?
Once you’ve complete the Failure To Yield Right of Way course, Too Cool Traffic School will automatically send the WIDOT-DMV an electronic copy of your certificate of completion and notify you by email. You will also have access to log back into to our website to obtain a copy for your records at your convenience, as proof that you’ve completed the course just in case you need it at a later time.
2. Am I eligible to take this Wisconsin Failure To Yield (FTY) course to fulfill the state requirement?
If you have been convicted of a failure to yield violation, you will receive a notice from the state of Wisconsin that instructs you to complete a Failure to Yield/Right-of-Way course. Since our course is licensed by the state, you can take it to fulfill the requirements.
3. Is this course licensed by the state of Wisconsin?
Yes! Our course has been approved by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation. See for yourself
4. How long does it take for the course completion status to update with the state?
It takes approximately 24-48 hours for the state of Wisconsin to update their records from the time that your completion status is submitted electronically.
5. How long do I have to complete a FTY course after getting a FTY citation?
If your license is suspended, you need to do it within 2-6 months. If your license is not suspended, you need to complete it within 1 year (completing it sooner is better).
6. What happens if someone commits a FTY violation and doesn’t attend the course?
If you don't attend the course and get another violations, the courts will see that you did not attend the course and might take action against you as a result.
7. My license was suspended for a FTY violation that resulted in bodily harm, great bodily harm or death. How do I get my license reinstated?
Wait out the suspension, then take the failure to yield course prior to getting reinstated. Depending on your record, they might be able to reinstate online otherwise, they’d go to the DMV.
8. Is there any way to expedite the process of getting my license reinstated if I was suspended for a FTY violation?
Unfortunately not. If your license has been suspended, you have to serve out the full suspension. Completing the course early won't let you get your license back earlier. However, you still need to complete the course before you can have your license reinstated.