Frequently Asked Questions
About the Abbreviated Online Course
1. Is this course approved in Ohio to meet the state requirement?
Absolutely! We were one of the very first providers to meet the stringent requirements set by the state so that we could be licensed by the state of Ohio. Our program has been certified by the Department of Public Safety to meet the online education portion of the Abbreviated Adult Program. You can click here to register for the course.
2. How will I get my certificate of completion? Is there an extra charge for that? We will mail your certificate to you, free of charge! You don't have to worry about any hidden fees.
3. Do I have to take the course in a single session? Nope! You can start and stop the course anytime. When you come back to the course, it'll put you back on the page you left off on.
4. Why do you have to verify my identity? We need to make sure that the one who is supposed to take the course is the one who is actually taking it! The state of Ohio requires that we validate the identity of anyone during registration. In the rare event that we can't verify your identity immediately, we will send you information on how to proceed. Additionally, during the course, we will ask personal validation questions (based on answers you provide) to ensure that the same person who registered is the same person that is completing the course.
5. What do I need to do in order to pass the course? In order to successfully complete the course, you need to spend at least 4 hours taking the class and pass the final exam at the end with a 75% or better. The exam isn't hard if you pay attention to the chapter reviews and quizzes at the end of each chapter! The state allows you to attempt the exam a total of 3 times. If you haven't passed after the 3rd attempt, you will need to re-purchase and re-take the course in its entirety.
6. Help! I entered my personal validation information incorrectly and have now gotten locked out of the course. What do I do? Please contact us at 1-844-602-1555 for assistance.
7. How do I find an in-person driving school to help me pass my maneuverabilty test? Click here to find a local school.
Certificate Delivery Info
You're 2Cool to wait on slow certificate delivery with other online course providers.
Certificates of completion are mailed via USPS standard shipping at no additional cost. This usually means that you'll have your certificate within 5-7 business days. The daily cutoff time for certificates to be processed and mailed is 1pm. Certificates are processed and mailed daily (Mon-Fri).
Need it faster? Expedited shipping options are available for an additional fee.
Additional Info About the State Requirements
1. How quickly can I complete the driving requirement if I choose to do 24 hours of driving practice?
If you decide to get 24 hours of driving practice with a licensed driver (21 years of age or older), the state does not allow you to complete more than four hours of driving in a single day. That means that the fastest you could possibly meet this requirement would be 6 days if you practiced driving for exactly four hours each day.
2. Where can I find a list of licensed driving instructors? You can search the state provider list for Abbreviated Adult Schools here to find a driving school in your area.
3. Where is the form I need to complete to prove that I completed 24 hours of supervised driving? Click here to view the affidavit.
4. Will I have to take the abbreviated adult driver training course again if I fail the next attempt at my road test? No. Once you take the course and have received the certificate of completion, you will not need to take this course again in order to successfully get your license -- even if you don't pass the next attempt at your driving test.